[RE-wrenches] Low grid voltage fix

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 14:26:58 PST 2010

The utilities have buck boost transformers with tap changers in rural areas.  If the volatage is low or high the tap will automatically change to a new position increasing or decreasing the voltage.  They look like a transformer and they have a meter on the pole to determine setting and the voltage or boost or buck.   Most distrubution is three phase so you will find three of these frequently over 1/2 miles of less.  sometimes you will find all three on a pair of power of poles
Darryl