[RE-wrenches] Battery based hydrogen incidents

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 11:49:03 PST 2010

Some really good lessons here, thanks Larry

I forgot to mention one of my explosions, I was checking connections and found one loose but I had turned off the battery bank.  but there were four parallel strings connected I believe the string I was working on had a small current flowing or some thing because moving the cable to test connection caused expolision.

Inside the battery is hydrogne and oxygen in the perfect ratio, it detonates, with almost any spark,  I am sure the flame kernel is much smaller than gasoline in air for example.
Darryl