[RE-wrenches] To insulate a battery bank DEPENDS on a lot offactors.

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Tue Dec 14 10:56:21 PST 2010

Hi Nathan,

Your assumption was spot on.

This list contains lots of folks who have hauled and installed more
lead than I.   Moreover, as the thread has revealed, the variables are
pretty dramatic by location.

I am off to write a campaign speech as this sounds like pretty good
duck & cover!

Jamie

>>> Nathan Jones <solardude97 at yahoo.com> 12/14/2010 2:35 PM >>>

Wrenches,
Thanks for all the input on insulated vs. non insulated battery banks.
I was setting up my 48VDC HUPS at my new off grid home when the thread
started and read all posts with interest. Two weeks past and I feel much
better educated about this subject, but ironically still don't know
whether to insulate or not insulate. Both sides have valid points. I
noted with interest that Rob at NWES and James at Surrette did not weigh
in. Maybe preferring to let us hash it out among ourselves, but also
perhaps because there is no one answer.
At any rate, thanks to all for many solid cases made both for and
against insulating batteries.
Nathan Jones
Power Source Solar Inc.
417-827-0738