[RE-wrenches] Outback Mate Controller Issues

Steve Higgins shiggins at outbackpower.com
Thu Dec 9 12:12:04 PST 2010

Kirpal,

I too have sometimes but, not very often seen this in the field, usually
unplugging and re-plugging in the mate cable re-establishes (Re-Polls)
the connection and makes it work.

Do you know if the silicone grease was used during install? Outback does
include a packet of silicone grease with the mates and hubs to use on
the cat5 cables to ensure a proper connection.

I would also closely inspect the connection of the mate cat5 port and
the cable just to make sure that the conductors are all where they are
supposed to be, I have also seen damaged connectors cause this.

Steve Higgins

Sr Application Engineering Mgr

Sub-Saharan Africa Business Dev Mgr.

Direct: 360-618-4313

OutBack Power Technologies

19009 62nd Ave NE, Arlington, WA 98223 USA

Tel: 360.435.6030  Fax: 360.435.6019

www.outbackpower.com