[RE-wrenches] NEC 690.64 (B) (2)

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Tue Dec 7 07:54:18 PST 2010

Actually, the article ³Can We Land² by Ryan LeBlanc and Tarn Yates probably
has the best discussion of 690.64(B)(2) issues in particular:

http://solarprofessional.com/article/?file=SP2_4_pg24_LeBlanc&search=

Diagrams 2a & bm for example, should compliment the calculations in the
Hamon article.

DC

On 12/7/10 4:51 AM, "Al Frishman" <amfrish at aeonsolar.com> wrote:

> Wrenches,
> How do you apply NEC 690.64 (B) (2) when you have multiple single phase
> inverters distributed across the 3 phases of an electric-panel via 2 pole
> breakers?
>
> Do you simply add up the total of all over-current devices feeding the
> panel (Inverter 2-pole breakers and main breaker) or is there a 3 phase
> formula that gets applied?
>
> It seems logical that if the single phase inverters are connected with 2-pole
> breakers
> Distributed across the 3 phases then you would take the sum of what is on each
> phase.
>
> Any and all input on this topic is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Al
> Aeonsolar
> 917 699 6641

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

David Brearley, Senior Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine
NABCEP Certified PV Installer 
david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Direct: 541.261.6545
Fax:  541.512.0343

Visit our Web site at solarprofessional.com

(Sample copy available for download at: solarprofessional.com/sample)