[RE-wrenches] Mounting L feet on corrugated metal roof.

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:48:36 PST 2010

John,
If the roofing you are talking about is similar to traditional
corrugated, but with flat valleys and ribs instead of a sinusoidal/
curved profile, we just completed an install like that using the
Corrubracket from S-5. (it also works for the sinusoidal profile) No L-
feet required. The bracket is extruded aluminum with a two-pad profile
designed to span over a roofing rib. There are two tapped M8 holes on
top for attachment. It worked great, and it came with a sticky sealant
already attached to the mounting area. The issue we ran into was that
since there are 4 mounting holes in a ~3-3.5" square layout, you can't
really attach to rafters/truss chords alone, as one pair of holes will
miss the structural member. We had to use some additional blocking
underneath the roof decking.  That was a pain, but I was pleased with
how it worked otherwise. Worth checking out.

Luke Christy

  NABCEP Certified PV Installer™: Certification #031409-25 (Luke
Christy)
  CoSEIA Certified PV Installer (Luke Christy)

Solar Gain Services, LLC
Monte Vista, CO.
  SGSRenewables at Gmail.com

> Wrenches,
>     Do you have any tips, stories, methods for mounting L feet on
> the corrugated metal roof that has short flat spans and ribs.
> After all these years, I am facing my first install on this kind of
> roof.  We originally were going to install 6 top of pole mounts but
> he decided the neighbors would not like the appearance so now we are
> looking at a 20 x 40' metal roof on the garage.  The customer asked
> about flashing the L feet.  I'm at a loss to figure out how to do
> that.
>
> John Blittersdorf
> Central Vermont Solar & Wind
> Rutland, VT 05701
> cvsolar at aol.com

Luke Christy

  NABCEP Certified PV Installer™: Certification #031409-25 (Luke
Christy)
  CoSEIA Certified PV Installer (Luke Christy)

Solar Gain Services, LLC
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
  SGSRenewables at Gmail.com
  719.588.3044