[RE-wrenches] Inspectors on ladders and roofs

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 09:32:23 PST 2010

Its good to hear of interest in other locales to participate more rigorously in
the inspection process.

I'm thinking with the recent stories shared here on the list, that if more of
this was done, there might be less challenges like systems not operating at
their
full potential for years of service life to the fires we have heard about.

Building power plants, regardless of their size, should be taken seriously and a
complete inspection will mitigate the likelihood of degraded system performance
and hazards.

Matt- you feedback on string monitoring the other day ties into this premise. If
we had the granular data and as an industry, held ourselves accountable, we
would have less failures
and all of the other issues related to systems that produce less than desirable
results.

Reason being- from detailed inspections to expected system performance goals,
these would be seared in the minds of installers and continuously encourage the
raising of the bar
in the installation practices, as the installation to inspection authorities
would have examples of what is a good installation and what needs improvement
on.

Quality control moving forward is critical to the success of our industry, or we
will be out there over the next 4-6 years repairing systems, potentially
unnecessarily.
Especially true in Q4 of every year, as the mad scramble to install work
continues to hit the deadline of Dec 31st, even though this year you have some
flexibility
with the treasury grant of installing 5%. Still doesn't address our ability to
have someone inspect systems here that has a comprehensive way of identifying
a systems efficacy over time.