[RE-wrenches] Solar/Batt Well Pump Recommendation Request

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Tue Nov 2 16:06:26 PDT 2010

Jason,
   Look at the Grundfos line of 120 volt AC  SQ-O series pumps. We have
many, including at my own home, which have run for many many years. The
are all stainless steel, soft start and only about 4 inches around
(read lightweight). The one I use is 5 GPM at 150 feet and uses about
740 watts. No surge and no torque arrestors necessary.  Cost is about
$460

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design