[RE-wrenches] backfeeding "six disconnect" panel

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Oct 28 17:29:50 PDT 2010

Dana:

I assume from your description that the top buss is lug fed.   One would
need to know the value of overcurrent protection feeding those lugs to
perform the calculations.

Take the rating of a given buss (or feeder) and multiply by 120%.  Subtract
from the result the value of the breaker feeding that buss (or feeder) and
you have the maximum breaker size you can backfeed on that buss (or to that
feeder),

William Miller

PS:  The breakers labelled Main are not main disconnects.  They are load
breakers.  The split buss satisfies the "six throws" rule.

Wm