[RE-wrenches] Battery cell shorting

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Oct 22 15:47:36 PDT 2010

Sure sounds like constant overcharging. What is the size of the battery bank what is the charge rate and what are the setpoints for Absorb, Absorb Time, Float and EQ (you should also confirm these with a trusted VOM during a charge cycle)? When batteries get too high on V, fast charging or excessive amps they will get quit hot (well over 110F) and after about 115-120F the plates can swell, deform and even structurally fail. Often when this happens they will short out killing the cell or worse yet causing a fire. I would take this situation very seriously and deal quickly.

Good luck!

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,732.09
BREAKING NEWS: High ticket items are being auctioned for an incredible 90% off!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4cc214ae68d333bb2c6st06vuc