[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Oct 21 10:45:52 PDT 2010

Drake:

Who is manufacturing the racking?  DPW has worked with us to develop some
screening options.  WE have also developed our own screening (and wire
management) procedures.  We spend a lot of time creating these procedures
we keep them to ourselves to prevent local competitors from stealing
appropriating ideas.  I can give you more ideas off list.

I think we all need to be calling racking manufacturers and requesting they
develop screening and wire management options for their products.

William Miller

At 09:34 AM 10/21/2010, you wrote:
>Hello Wrenches,
>
>We are installing a ground mount system with Enphase inverters.  690.31
>requires readily accessible source and output conductors OPERATING at over
>30 volts to be installed in a raceway.  The Vmp of the REC230PE modules is
>29.4 volts.  Of course it would go higher in cold weather.  Do I have any
>argument that would allow us to not install the DC conductors in a raceway?
>
>The NEC Handbook comments "Most PV modules do not have provisions for
>attaching raceways. These circuits may have to be made "not readily
>accessible" by use of physical barriers such as wire screening".
>
>I have heard of a green screening material that has been used on the E, W
>and N sides of ground mounts to render the area not readily
>accessible.  Does anyone know what this is?  What else would work that
>would be more cost effective than running a chain link fence around the array?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Drake
>
>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>06:34:00

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com