[RE-wrenches] Wiley Asset

Brian Wiley btw at we-llc.com
Mon Sep 13 13:15:05 PDT 2010

  <mailto:re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>

Hi Matt:

Thanks for your opinions. Just a couple comments.

1. Azimuths. We fixed this issue some time ago.

2. Too many steps.
Except for large rooftop installations, most sites can really be
analyzed with a good eye and a compass. The purpose of a shading tool is
documentation.
There are always trade offs in engineering design. The positive benefit
of the ASSET is that the resulting panoramic image is an undistorted
view from the location.
All other tools have a fish-eye perspective, which, in my opinion, makes
it difficult to communicate details of the shading to a customer or
inspector.
When you consider the total time assessing a site, documenting locations
of utility interconnect, wiring runs, etc. the survey many times itself
is just a small part of your time.

There will always be some personal preferences in choosing a tool. It's
nice to have three choices where once there was only one.

Best Regards,
Brian Wiley
Wiley Electronics LLC