[RE-wrenches] Wiley Asset

Skip Towne gilligan06 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 16:00:33 PDT 2010

I checked out this instrument when it came out a couple years ago. In my
opinion, there were two fatal flaws with it.

   1. It only evaluates azimuths +/- 45 degrees of true south...
   2. It required too many steps. I.e. Shoot at least 7 images; Download to
   your computer; Stitch the images together into a single file; Run the
   analysis; Generate the report...

I discussed these issues with the Wiley folks and they pretty much didn't
think any of this was a problem... Don't know if they have addressed these
issues or not. From reading the manual again, it looks like they have not.

Compared to the Solmetric SunEye, it's too limited, too complicated, and has
too many chances for errors. The SunEye is a professional tool. The ASSET is
not.

$0.02001

-Matt Lafferty