[RE-wrenches] Tight roof layout questions: edge walkway requirements & "small gap" hardware options

Nick Houser offgridn at telus.net
Wed Aug 25 18:39:26 PDT 2010

MIck------We just did a similar project as you describe where the edge to
edge clearance was
critical---used Pro Solar rails and "tile tracs"  the minimum gap between
modules was more like
three-eights inch, maybe less.  Their tech support was excellent as
well--and they seem to have mid and end clamps for just about any module.
Very satisfied with their system. I remember the last job
i DID USING Uni-Rack hardware was FRUSTRATING because the clamp bolts were
JUST BARELY LONG ENOUGH
to get the threads started---who needs that kind of aggravation when
you're hanging by your heels
with tools and a module in your teeth?  I'm for Pro-Solar from now on.
Nick Houser Off GRid Services
Powell River, bRitish Columbia