[RE-wrenches] Grundfos SQ Flex Float Switch

solardude97 solardude97 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 14:42:14 PDT 2010

The Grundfos switch is voltage only. I'm not sure I would run it 700 ft or not,
regardless. For that distance I would probably install a float switch in the
discharge tank that shut off the inlet flow and backed water pressure down the
pipe to a pressure switch located close to the pump. As the pressure in the line
rises the pressure switch will see the increase and signal the pump to stop. A
reverse switch is necessary for the Grundfos SQ signaling.
Be advised in either scenario that we have seen multiple instances of the pumps
continuing to pump when signaled to stop. The only way to definitively make them
shut off is to use a standard pressure switch and break the circuit between
power source and the pump.