[RE-wrenches] DR2424 inverters charging poorly: three units in two days!

Bruce Geddes bruce.g at ruralinzone.net
Thu Aug 19 17:50:20 PDT 2010

Although operating on a different voltage (230V) in this country, I noticed a huge variation in charge rates using DR's with generator voltages on systems that had been in a while.  The generators would gradually drop their output voltage over time as air filters clogged etc.  Once they got down to 220V the charge rate was significantly longer.  I generally advise my customers to have the gene set up to run at 240V (about 10% higher than the grid standard here) to get fast charging times with DR's.

It got so bad I started fitting expanded scale AC voltmeters on the AC inputs with coloured sectors on the scale to indicate when things were going wrong.  Needle in the red zone, service the gene!

Bruce Geddes
PowerOn
in little ol' New Zealand