[RE-wrenches] Voltage discrepancy

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Sun Aug 15 12:14:47 PDT 2010

Hi Dick,

At 10:38 AM 8/15/2010, you wrote:

>Is there any chance she initially read the array voltage on the MX60
>instead of the battery voltage? Both numbers are displayed
>simultaneously, of course.

It is possible that she read the wrong number.  It would seem that
the voltage from the array would be higher than the battery voltage
as it was full daylight (despite shade),.but It is possible that the
array voltage could have been lower.

>This is a relatively small battery bank. Could it be getting tired,
>somewhat prematurely? Charge rate is right up there, ~C/8.
>Tired battery + high charge rate = lots of H20?

This is what I'm beginning to think.  The actual charge rates I've
seen are not that high, but the batteries are likely tired.

Thanks,

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric
OH License 44810