[RE-wrenches] Voltage discrepancy

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Aug 19 16:12:33 PDT 2010

I have seen this on my last 3 MX60 controllers and it is very frustrating and looks to be a design flaw. I can calibrate the meters to be accurate at either the Absorb point OR the Float point but NOT both!! Not only that but the meter calibrations tend to drift a bit in just a matter of days, just .1V not a big deal but anymore than that on a 12V sealed battery and it could be an issue. I spoke w/Outback about this and heard a mumbled "Ahh, uummm, yeah that is an issue". I'm guessing that you're seeing the same thing and when you spoke w/your customer again and the meters all agreed I'll bet it is because the MX was at the "line up point" of the other meters (just like a broken clock being correct twice a day!). The only way to live with this is to get the more important Absorb set point right on and take what you get on the lower end. It works and is usable but drives customers nuts when they have additional meters. In my experience the Tri-mets are dead on.

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Notre Dame Certificates
100% Online Programs in Negotiation Leadership and Mgmt. Enroll Today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c6dba9db492581fb20st02vuc