[RE-wrenches] Aluminum conduit LBs

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 22:33:51 PDT 2010

Hi Marco:
    You are correct, I have noticed that most LBs do limit the fill area of your
conduit.  As you probably notice, making a 90 bend requires some extra area,
especially for large conductors.  This is one good reason to not fill the
conduits to maximum capacity.  Most LBs and other boxes do list the area of the
box on it.  If you are not sure, you should perform a calculation to determine
how much of the total area you are consuming, based upon NEC requirements.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537