[RE-wrenches] Battery Bank Off-gassing CO?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Tue Jun 29 07:19:02 PDT 2010

Hi, Daniel~ If your client has quantity six of the L16H batteries, that's
only a 36 volt string, not 48 volts. Let's hope this is only a typo.

The only vapor "emissions" likely from a group of floodies are oxygen &
hydrogen...then there's dilute sulfuric acid mist...but no carbon
component.

Ask Trojan to get the definitive answer. Here is contact info:

Brian Godber
Vice President - Renewable Energy & Business Development, Trojan Battery
Company
bgodber at trojanbattery.com<http://www.google.com/contacts/a/c/abrahamsolar.com/ui/ContactManager?titleBar=true&hl=en&dc=true#>
 - Work
 (562) 236-3030 - Work
(949)-244-4097 - Mobile

If the six year old battery group is nearing retirement age, maybe it's time
to replace with sealed units. That would eliminate the battery from
suspicion and allow the client to move on to other investigations.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675