[RE-wrenches] big bank charging

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Sat Jun 26 18:14:05 PDT 2010

Mark  -

We have an installation that has [3] 1990 Ahr HUP solar one
battery banks and there is not enough charge for EQ
capacity. So we fused each bank at 250ahr separately while
it is wired in a reverse-return series/parallel
configuration [sorry to throw in the plumbing jargon there]
and can remove one  or two banks to dedicate full charge
capacity to each bank. It takes a little longer but with
full sun and the generator it meets the need without adding
additional chargers. So far the SG readings are all dead on.

The system normally reaches a full charge of 58.4VDC on a
regular basis via sun and wind.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"