[RE-wrenches] Demand savings from PV FYI

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 26 16:33:21 PDT 2010

Hello Daryyl,

California electric utilities base their monthly demand charge on the
highest 15 consecutive minutes kW demand for each month. PV clients can have
excellent mid-day demand reduction until 15 minutes and 1 second of clouds
occurs. Then that high demand sets the monthly rate. However, demand
management with or without PV can significantly reduce the monthly demand
charge.

For more information see
http://www.sce.com/NR/rdonlyres/DE3375D0-8402-43CC-ABE1-38C65682B6CF/0/527V10707TOUPAB.pdf

and