[RE-wrenches] Demand savings from PV FYI

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 21:22:45 PDT 2010

You are correct Peter, however that day did not occur during the year of record.  The highest billed utility peak was reduced and the highest peak that could have occurred was reduced.  The highest billed peak did occur sort of like you describe, a collapse of sun on a day that was hot.  However that peak was not the highest peak that would have occurred.  Next year or even this summer that is in progress may have a day like you describe, but it I think would be unlikely.

Just some numbers, the summer demand with fees is about $12/kW
the Winter is about $9/kW
The ratchet is about $4/kW for following 11 months

Darryl