[RE-wrenches] off grid generators

Kurt Albershardt rewrench at sw-ei.com
Thu Jun 24 10:41:42 PDT 2010

I'd suggest finding out who the industrial engine dealers are in a large nearby city (Richmond, VA?) then see who is assembling gensets from which engines.  I've had good relationships with a couple of small builders over the years, one Isuzu and one Kubota based (though mostly Diesels, after the wonderful 2.5l Ford went away.)  Occasionally, one of these dealer/builders will innovate and build nontraditional stuff (http://www.nextgenerationpower.com/ comes to mind.)