[RE-wrenches] Haiti, what a mess.....

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Sat Jun 19 11:11:00 PDT 2010

Hi all,
    I've just returned from relief work in Haiti in the town of Leogane.
It was hit particularly hard by the earthquake and will not have any
real semblance of electricity other than generators for the next
couple of years. Water and septic will likely be longer before repairs
can be made. The organization I was working with (www.HODR.org) asked
me to post to the list in order to find someone who might potentially
be working there already or would be willing to do so to interface
with them on recommendations for where PV might potentially put to use
most effectively (schools, water pumping, etc.) so that they might
fund raise for those projects. David Campbell is the Director and main
contact person, but feel free to contact me with any questions or
suggestions. We're installing a 4kw array on the organizations hq's,
but customs still hasn't "cleared" the panels. BOS is in......heading
back next week, customs willing.........

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design