[RE-wrenches] Portable Solar Trailer w/ intermittent Ground Fault

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Jun 3 10:40:55 PDT 2010

As far as I know, you won't find a mobile listed inverter that can be
grid tied (for the reason mentioned by Steve. I'm curious about how you
are "feeding a GFI breaker." I think the best you can (legally and
safely) do with a mobile system is to power loads using a listed mobile
inverter plugged into and A/C transfer switch inlet at the premises, as
if the portable solar energy system is a portable generator. The utility
and the AHJ would not allow a "temporary grid-tied" PV system.

Any differing opinions?

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar