[RE-wrenches] FSEC Approval Required for Permit?

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Jun 3 10:40:46 PDT 2010

Dave,

I think you are missing the point. We are (unfortunately) not doing 200
system in the very near future, but if we are to be able to market PV to
our customers, we can't sit in their living room and tell them that it's
going to cost $X and X amount time to have a system certified for their
specific roof and their specific number, brand, and wattage of module.
Kits don't work in this business, and requiring certification for every
conceivable combination of solar energy system is prohibitively time
consuming and costly.

We have never been required to give an FSEC system certification to
obtain a permit. We have only been asked to provide module certification
and component listing information, which I believe is reasonable and
appropriate.

I'll contact you off-list to discuss this particular situation and
provide the name of the person who provided me the information.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar