[RE-wrenches] 30-year old PV module

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 24 16:11:41 PDT 2010

Bob-O,
I'm with you on keeping modules modular. Years ago, Mobil Solar made Ra modules that were approx 5 ft x 5 ft. Big and heavy. You could hear the cells crack when the module was flexed. Big modules require more than one person to handle and require special shipping which adds cost. Another issue is safety. Lifting heavy and over-sized materials can hurt you. On the other hand, you can save time and money by panelizing modules and then lifting them into place with crane.
Joel Davidson