[RE-wrenches] SWH - mixing valves

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Thu May 20 08:16:28 PDT 2010

Bill,
The water is quite hard (30 grains/gal), but there is a softener on
the DHW that lowers  the CaCO3 level significantly. I thought that
this might have been a contributing factor with the previous mixing
valve, but replacement (~2 years ago) didn't address the problem.
Other than hardness minerals are quite low.
-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind
Renewable Energy Systems