[RE-wrenches] Transformer inrush

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu May 13 05:33:37 PDT 2010

Before I present a suggestion, here's a question:

If by chance William is able to energize the transformer without tripping
the breakers, what if there is a brief break in the power...such as a
half-second?

I don't suppose there's capacitance here...more like magnetic flux...but
would there be a brief window before the transformer bleeds down and
requires another equally strong inrush current?

Or...would a tiny blip in the input power result in another big surge
requirement?

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675