[RE-wrenches] Solarex module match question

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Thu Apr 29 14:11:59 PDT 2010

Out of curiosity, we have a client with a mix and match set of older
PV modules. I did not document any of this but:

Of course they did not want to spend more $ with at the addition of  4
new modules, so we tried out 4 new and 4 older PV on [1] MX 60.

Result - voltage was slightly higher than the older modules output and
below what it could / should have been. Amperage was around as if they
were all older modules.

This made the point for the client: we added a second MX60  with one
for the new and one for the older modules and the newer modules came
in at spec. for voltage and amperage. The older PV backed off as they
preformed as before. Not too scientific here, but point is that
separation is important.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"