[RE-wrenches] kWh performance warranties (was volcanos)

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 06:27:45 PDT 2010

Allan,
The volcanos string evolved into a discussion about contractors' system performance warranties as compared to equipment nameplate warranties. I find it interesting that solar module manufacturers warranty power output levels for 20 to 25 years, but inverter and charge controller manufacturers do not warrant the level of efficiency that their equipment will operate.
Joel Davidson