[RE-wrenches] Volcanos, reduced solar production and kWh performance warranties

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Mon Apr 26 10:52:10 PDT 2010

If you think providing a PV energy output warranty is scary, imagine
trying to provide one for a small wind turbine!

Fortunately, the Small Wind Certification Council will be giving us
wrenches a big boost over the next few years as their turbine
certification program moves forward.

At least turbines will be certified that they perform up to their
claims, and poor siting issues will become more apparent.

And when your customer demands a small rooftop VAWT in lieu of half your
planned PV array, you can ask "is that turbine certified?"

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting LLC