[RE-wrenches] Volcanos, reduced solar production and kWh performance warranties

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Mon Apr 26 10:15:35 PDT 2010

Bill,

If, a big IF, I were to agree to a performance warranty, I would want to agree to an annual production figure 90 or less percent of the estimated output along with a bunch of caveats, like the one you suggest, to render any performance warranty relatively toothless.  Otherwise, I see it as way too big of a liability and a really bad precedent.

marco

Hi Marco,

I hope this query does not divert response to your original question.

How is the situation of the reduced performance due to the volcano (or other "acts of God" or the like) approached in the Power Purchase contract? Perhaps this could be titled "Reduced Solar Production As a Result of Reduced Solar Input".

TIA,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

PS As I remember, the last time I bought a new vehicle, back in the Dark Ages, the auto manufacturer's warranty deferred to the tire maker's warranty (for tires), etc. Any similarity?