[RE-wrenches] Grid-tie hydro

Mark Dickson Mark at OasisMontana.com
Fri Apr 23 13:01:05 PDT 2010

That’s what he says. . . He uses a brush-less alternator—not sure if that is
considered an induction motor or not. . .

Best regards,

Mark Dickson,

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ™

Oasis Montana Inc.

  _____

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Jeff
Clearwater
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 11:58 AM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Grid-tie hydro

Hey Mark,

Not that would be an advance!  So if the grid goes down it doesn't fry the
inverter?  And it doesn't run away and overspeed and destroy the
generator/motor or the wheel?  That would be very cool.  I should give Derik
a call.

Is he still using induction motors as generators?  Or is this a perm. magnet
model?

Best,

Jeff C.

Village Power Design