[RE-wrenches] DC wire sizing perspective

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Sun Apr 11 11:00:03 PDT 2010

One small point and well acknowledged on this issue is that we are
starting with a product that only produces at 14-18% [up to19%]
efficiencies to begin with.

A 5%loss is to an average of 16% efficiencies as 31.25% loss is to100%
efficiency.

Till PV modules hit 50-75% efficiency in conversion, I think we have a
responsibility to our customers to give them every watt they are
paying for.

Weather it is in the  DC side , AC side or both it is a cost of doing
business. Our job, as I see It, is to keep that cost and loss to a
minimum.

Maybe the 600volt limit is too restrictive.

I propose that we need from a NEC point of view, is to look at 800 or
900VDC limits VS the current 600VDC.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

web - www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

"We have been slow to give up on the myth of the Earth's generosity.

Rather grandly, we have overdrawn our accounts."

Barbara Kingsolver - Water is life.