[RE-wrenches] DC wire sizing

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 17:12:10 PDT 2010

I haven't checked my e-mail for days, but have to add to this topic.
    Hi Kent:
In a few isolated situations, a cost analysis may be done to justify not designing at 1-2% DC Voltage drops, but for most systems the cost of the wire is less than the cost of the PV.  I buy my wire for about 1/4 the cost of your analysis.  I would ask you to look closer at your next design, and consider designing at a lower voltage drop than 3%.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537