[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Outback Grid Problems

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Mar 31 14:37:46 PDT 2010

Boy I appreciate the many replies on this.
To answer your curiosity,Kirpal, the customer lived off grid originally, brought in the grid after 5 years, but only used it as backup with his previous SW system.
Now he likes to play with it, as he's also an EE. (He likes to cycle the batteries occasionally and confirm backup capability.)
We also kept the original SW system on the wall for charging with a generator, and as a 3rd (4th?) backup.
The SW system is completely shut down normally, though. (technically, he could sell generator power back to the grid, but it would just be a horrible waste of money)

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer