[RE-wrenches] Supply Side Tap Overcurrent Protection

Steven Lawrence SLawrence at smartenergygroup.net
Wed Mar 31 13:19:32 PDT 2010

Hans,

There's a backup load panel that some house loads are transferred to that's fed from the 60A line side tap.  Under normal operation they are fed from the PV with the remaining power coming from the line side tap off from grid.  To be thorough, one would have to make sure that the backup loads aren't over 60A, and what's left in the main service panel wouldn't be over 60A.  But yeah, it always depends on the AHJ.

Here in NJ I try to stay away from panel upgrades whenever possible.  They can run from $2k-$3k, and that's not an adder I want to put on a client.

Steven Lawrence