[RE-wrenches] Supply Side Interconnections - Maximum Backfeed

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 17:37:03 PST 2010

The serving transformer is also an issue. I've seen 800-amp service
conductors on a 25kVA transformer. Just because you have wires large enough
for a 400-amp service, does not mean you have a transformer capable of
delivering 400-amps continuous. That is why you have to work with the
serving utility with larger systems.

Bill.