[RE-wrenches] Sunteck SolarBlend

Brian White brianw at eagleroofing.com
Wed Feb 24 12:20:07 PST 2010

Having designed the product prior to it being licensed to Sunteck, I can speak with some first hand knowledge. The plastic used to mold the frames is a High Impact Resistant, Flame Retardant Polycarbonate with UV stabilizer added to the mix.

They install very much like a standard concrete roof tiles, other than they can not be cut down to make a tight fit. They are just screwed down to the roof deck, and batten system of your choice The one advantage, as I think you are referring to, is that the array contains no metal components, so there is no grounding required until you penetrate the roof surface and enter the metallic junction box / conduit run. They offer a degree of flexibility when it comes to system sizing, as you can tailor your string size in 8.6 Voc / 6.8 Vmp increments.

Contact me off list if I can answer any additional questions.

Brian C. White
Sr. Design Engineer - PV Systems

Eagle Roofing Products
120 North Auburn Street - Suite 212