[RE-wrenches] Absolyte Battery Question

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Feb 11 10:49:40 PST 2010

I agree with all the feedback. I've been personally using these batteries for about 5 years now and up until 2 weeks ago when I doubled my PV array I was doing quite well with a C/40 - C-50 charge rate. At the same time I've had no issues w/rates as high as C/16. All of these numbers are for a 100hr rating. As Brian said if you can replace the daily discharge plus ~20% your array will do the job. I also think a 2nd FM60 is by far the better option and avoids potential could edge overdrives, however it likely means a new wire run from the array.

good luck,

-jeff o