[RE-wrenches] copper weatherhead?

matt at solar-energy-solutions.com matt at solar-energy-solutions.com
Mon Feb 1 10:03:34 PST 2010

Nik,

We have a few arrays on copper roofs but only one instance where we could
not determine an alternative to entering the roof.  In this instance we
contacted the roofer to design a custom flashing.  I would recommend you
go this route as the warranty for such a roof is not something you want to
undertake.

The roof was flat and the solution entailed a few pieces of downspout and
copper sheeting creatively engineered to look much like a larger version
of the gooseneck wireway on the copper flashings typically used in the
solar hot water industry.  The roofer made the attachments and a few years
later I have not heard of any problems.

Regards,

Matt

Matthew Partymiller