[RE-wrenches] Link 10 question

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Jan 7 08:33:00 PST 2010

There is a bug in the last batch of these meters before they were discontinued by Xantrex. I have heard about this from many others, but Xantrex claimed to know nothing about it... and since the meter is no longer available, you either replace it with an overly complicated (for most customers) Trimetric, or fix it. Fortunately, the fix is easy.

The problem is with the light sensor which is normally used to brighten the display in bright light, or dim it when the ambient light is low. When the light and display are bright, the meter resets. Try a bright flashlight on the front face to watch the bug in action. My work around was to put a small dot of black electrical tape over the light sensor.... funky fix, but it works.

Todd