[RE-wrenches] Best angle - direct grid tie

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 05:44:23 PST 2010

Look again at Assistant, you will find that Latitude is not indicated.
Go to SunEye.com or (solmetric.com) they have a nice egg diagram that shows the best angle, you can also find the effect of tilt and Azimuth on peerformance.

Also there is a NREL software program that will calculate maxium payback.

You are correct, the best angle is not Latitude, her in Minneapolis the best angle is 37 degrees/TMY3 and Solmetric.

Also the solmetric PV design software is really excellent for design
work.

PVWatts can be sed to find the best angle.