[RE-wrenches] Equalizing with SW inverter

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Dec 22 15:36:33 PST 2010

Mick:

You must have a different manual than I do.  Paragraph 5, page 12 of the
4.01 manual I have does not discuss this subject at all.

The passage I have, from page 68 says the following:

To manually equalize the batteries, AC power must be available at the AC
HOT IN 1 (utility power) or AC
HOT IN 2 (generator) terminals. If utility power is not available, the
generator must be manually started.
The inverter uses this power to start the battery charger and begin the
equalization process. Equalization
will continue to run for the amount of time programmed. When the
equalization process finishes, the
FLOAT LED will come on (as long as utility or generator power is still
available).

I thought I could start the generator using the "ON" function in the
Generator menu, but when I do that and then engage EQ, the generator stops
in a few minutes.  It is not a big problem to start from the gen set
itself, I just want to know why.

Thanks,

William

email: william at millersolar.com