[RE-wrenches] Equalizing with SW inverter

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Dec 22 15:10:08 PST 2010

I'm not sure which part of the manual to which you refer, but below is how I
interpret the middle of the fifth paragraph on page 12 of Version 4.01 of
the book:

If the inverter is set up to remotely control the generator, select
*ON*from the
*SET GENERATOR* menu item. Once the machine is running, move the cursor
beneath the *EQ* marker. The unit should then implement the EQ charge
parameters which can be reviewed under menu heading 10 before shutting the
generator down.

The last part of this paragraph confirms that the *EQ* setting can be
pre-selected so the controlled overcharge will occur with the next
auto-crank but I agree with you that it's better for the end user to
manually trigger the EQ charge.

The first part of this same paragraph confirms that if AC1 is energized
(which could be courtesy of a manually started generator in an off grid
situation) the green button cursor can be moved over to *EQ* as another way
of revving up the charge parameters but in this case the inverter cannot
turn off the generator when the EQ charge is completed.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675