[RE-wrenches] Battery Cable REvistied

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Nov 30 08:09:10 PST 2010

I recently worked with a telecom specification that required lead plated
copper lugs on the battery side and I have been using the same on my own
systems for some time now.

How important is it to use lead plated lugs on the battery side? Is tin
plated copper just as good so long as you coat well with grease etc.?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959