[RE-wrenches] Blocking between rafters

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 16:41:54 PST 2010

Been a long time, but I think I found this information in the Western Woods Handbook. I think I remember it from back in the 1960's.  Also check Mark's Handbook, but I do not think it is there.  Nails in shear  is where in the book.  I also remember a millitary handbook on wood frame construction.

I usually use 2x6 two together, besure to clip shiners so that you can go to the sheathing.  If I am using lagbolts I use glue and plywood spacer between the boards so that the 2x6 does not split.  I nail using a cordless nailer with min of 6 nails into the end grain of the two 2x6 s  .
DT