[RE-wrenches] Positive-ground question re Sunpower

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Fri Nov 19 17:22:49 PST 2010

It has been my experience that if Sunpower modules are installed contrary to
their manufacturer recommended positive ground configuration, that in a
short time you will only be generating a few watts. I have seen this in more
than one instance when the array was mis-wired and the negative was the
grounded conductor.

Fortunately reversing the wiring allows the static charge to bleed of in a
couple of weeks, and the strings returned to their expected production
values.

I would recommend against trying to use them intentionally in this fashion.

-Glenn